How to Install the BC Gel Solo Seat
Bonneville Bobber 1200
It is recommended that this kit be installed by a certified Triumph technician, following the Triumph service manual to aid in proper fitting. Verify all torque specs in the Triumph service manual. You must know how to remove and replace stock components in order to install this product otherwise have it installed by a professional mechanic. Keep all stock parts some components that may be necessary to install your new British Customs product depending on the application.
Read through all instructions before beginning installation. Always properly support the vehicle with a stand and/or lift when servicing or performing any work. Unstable vehicles my present dangerous conditions and may cause property damage and/or personal injury
Laws concerning this product vary from state/province to state/province. Your state/province may prohibit its use on public roads or restrict its use to novelty, who use off-road areas, or race facility areas only. In some states/provinces, off-road uses are also prohibited. The manufacturer and retailer assume no responsibility for any use or application of this product in violation of any applicable law. Before installing this product.
Step By Step Guide - How to Install BC Gel Solo Seat
1. Remove the Stock Bonneville Bobber Seat (See - How to Remove the Seat)
2. Verify the threaded mounting plate is properly installed into the seat pan.
3. Install the seat onto the seat pan
4. Using a 2mm Allen loosely secure the (3) M4 fasteners and nameplate using an M4 Allen. Do not tighten
5. Using a 5mm Allen, loosely secure the (4) M5 fasteners
Note: To start the threads, it may be required to put pressure on the seat.
6. Tighten the (3) M4 fasteners. Rear fasteners first, to 2Nm
7. Tighten the (4) M5 fasteners to 3Nm
8. Install the seat to the seat mount and loosely secure with the two lock nuts and washers that were removed during the removal process.
9. Slide the seat to the desired position and tighten the (2) lock nuts and (2) washers to 38Nm
10. Install the flanged sleeve that was removed during the removal process
11. Align the seat to the frame and install the (2) fasteners that were removed during the removal process using a T50 Torx
12. Using a T50 Torx, Install the (1) front fastener that was removed during the removal process
13. Torque the (3) fasteners that secure the seat to the frame 48 Nm in the following sequence. Right fastener, left fastener and top fastener.