How to Remove the Handlebar Clamps
Triumph Speed Twin (2019+)
The how-to guide is proved for information purposes only. The guide assumes you have general mechanical knowledge and have the ability to remove and replace components on your motorcycle. If you have any questions or are not comfortable doing the work contact a professional mechanic. Keep all stock parts from your existing system as some components may be necessary to install your new British Customs Products depending on the application.
Read through the guide prior to beginning to remove any components. Always properly support the vehicle with a stand and/or lift when servicing or performing any work. Unstable vehicles my present dangerous conditions and may cause property damage and/or personal injury
1. If upgrading the handlebars (see How To Remove Handlebar)
2. Using a 14mm Socket loosen the left-hand bolts that secure the handlebar clamps to the triple tree. Do not remove it.
Pro Tip - Keep the handlebars clamped to the handlebar clamps to ease the removal of the handlebar clamps.
3. Use a 14mm Socket remove the right-hand bolt that secures the handlebar clamp to the triple tree
3. Using a 17mm socket remove the bolt and washer that was loosened in step 1. Save the washer for installation
4. Remove the handlebar, handlebar clamps and washers.
Note: If upgrading the handlebar, you will need to remove the switches and other controls. If only upgrading the handlebar clamps, leave the switches and controls mounted to the bar and set the bar on the tank (protect the tank) while changing out handlebar clamps.