How to Install Shot Gun Exhaust
Triumph Scrambler 1200 (2019+)
- (1) Shotgun Exhaust (Upper)
- (1) Shotgun Exhaust (Lower)
- (2) Exhaust Clamp (__mm)
- (1) Heatshield Mounting Clamp
- (1) M8x20 Socket Cap Screw
- (1) M8 Fender Washer
It is recommended that this kit be installed by a certified Triumph technician, following the Triumph service manual to aid in proper fitting. Verify all torque specs in the Triumph service manual. You must know how to remove and replace stock components in order to install this product otherwise have it installed by a professional mechanic. Keep all stock parts some components may be necessary to install your new British Customs product depending on the application.
Read through all instructions before beginning installation. Always properly support the vehicle with a stand and/or lift when servicing or performing any work. Unstable vehicles my present dangerous conditions and may cause property damage and/or personal injury
Laws concerning this product vary from state/province to state/province. Your state/province may prohibit its use on public roads or restrict its use to novelty, who use, off-road areas, or race facility areas only. In some states/provinces, off-road uses are also prohibited. The manufacturer and retailer assume no responsibility for any use or application of this product in violation of any applicable law. Before installing this product.
An exhaust system can be extremely hot. Let motorcycle cool down before beginning installation. Always wear hand and eye protection and take precautionary measures to avoid injury.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE - HOW TO INSTALL SHOTGUN EXHAUST
1. Remove the factory Exhaust (see How to Remove the Factory Exhaust)
2. Using a 5mm Allen loosely install the exhaust clamp onto the top Shotgun exhaust.
3. Using a 5mm Allen loosely install the supplied exhaust clamp onto the bottom Shotgun exhaust. The bottom shotgun exhaust is pre-fitted with a heat shield mounting clamp installed.
4. Install the bottom Shotgun Exhaust onto the factory header. Make sure the mounting bracket rest on the factory mounting point located on the frame.
5. Install the top Shot Gun Exhaust onto the factory header. Make sure the mounting bracket lines on top of the bottom shotgun exhaust bracket.
6. Using a 6mm Allen install the supplied (1) bolt and (1) fender washer. Loosely tighten, do not toque at this stage.
7. Using a 5mm Allen tighten the top exhaust clamp. Verify the BC Shotgun exhaust is flush with the exhaust clamp area. Tighten to 10Nm.
8. Using a 5mm Allen tighten the bottom exhaust clamp. Verify the BC Shotgun exhaust is flush with the exhaust clamp area. Tighten to 10Nm.
9. Using a 6mm Allen tighten the bolt that secures the BC Shotgun exhaust to the frame that was loosely tightened in Step 6. Tighten to 19Nm
10. Using a 5mm Allen install the inner and outer center heatshield with the (2) factory mounting bolts and tighten to 6Nm.
11. Wipe down the entire exhaust system with rubbing alcohol to remove oil and fingerprints before starting the motorcycle. This will help prevent tarnishing of the finish after the exhaust is heated up.
12. Start the engine and check for exhaust leaks if necessary review the steps. If the problem persists, please contact email@example.com or call 877-999-BRIT.
13. Install the Seat