How to Remove Mid Pipe
Triumph Speed Twin (2019+)
The how-to guide is proved for information purposes only. The guide assumes you have general mechanical knowledge and have the ability to remove and replace components on your motorcycle. If you have any questions or are not comfortable doing the work contact a professional mechanic. Keep all stock parts from your existing system as some components may be necessary to install your new British Customs Products depending on the application.
Read through the guide prior to beginning to remove any components. Always properly support the vehicle with a stand and/or lift when servicing or performing any work. Unstable vehicles my present dangerous conditions and may cause property damage and/or personal injury
HOW TO REMOVE MIDPIPE - LEFT SIDE
1. Using a 5mm Allen remove the (1) bolt that secures the heat shield to the Midpipe. Save the (1) heat shield, (1)bolt and (1) clamp for installation.
2. Using a 10mm wrench, loosen the exhaust clamp that secures the mid-pipe to the catalytic converter.
3. Using a 12mm socket remove the mounting (1) bolt that secures the mid-pipe to the frame.
4. Position the kickstand in the down position and remove the mid-pipe. Pull the mid-pipe away from the bike to remove.
HOW TO REMOVE MID PIPE - RIGHT SIDE
1. Using 5mm Allen remove the (1) bolt that secures the heat shield to the mid-pipe. Save the (1) heat shield, (1) bolt, and (1) clamp for installation.
2. Using a 10mm wrench, loosen the exhaust clamp
3. Using a 12 mm socket and 12mm wrench remove the Midpipe mounting bolt.
4. Remove the Midpipe by pulling away from the bike and sliding the heat shield backward