Step by step guide on how to install the Sleeper Pro for the Triumph Bobber / Bonneville Speedmaster.
- Triumph Bonneville Bobber
- Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black
- Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster
Last Updated 12-11-19
It is recommended that this kit be installed by a certified Triumph technician, following the Triumph service manual to aid in proper fitting. Verify all torque specs in the Triumph service manual. You must know how to remove and replace your stock exhaust in order to install this product otherwise have it installed by a professional mechanic. Keep all stock parts from your existing system as some components may be necessary to install your new British Customs exhaust depending on the application.
Read through all instructions before beginning installation. Always properly support the vehicle with a stand and/or lift when servicing or performing any work. Unstable vehicles my present dangerous conditions and may cause property damage and/or personal injury
Laws concerning this product vary from state/province to state/province. Your state/province may prohibit its use on public roads or restrict its use to novelty, who use off-road areas, or race facility areas only. In some states/provinces, off-road uses are also prohibited. The manufacturer and retailer assume no responsibility for any use or application of this product in violation of any applicable law. Before installing this product, check your state/province and
|An exhaust system can be extremely hot. Let motorcycle cool down before beginning installation. Always wear hand and eye protection and take precautionary measures to
Note: Removal is very similar for the left and right side of the motorcycle
1. Use a 12mm socket to slightly loosen the head pipe flange nuts.
2. Loosen the four (2) clamps on the catalytic converter with a 10mm wrench
3. Use a 5 mm Allen to remove the heat shield clamp bolt (on the left-hand side, remove the heat shield mid-section.)
4. On Speedmaster Models, use 5mm Allen and remove the rear brake lever clevis bolt and slide clevis off the shaft. Gently move clevis and linkage out of the way.
5. Use a 12 mm wrench to remove the rear mounting bolt on the underside of the silencer.
6. Gently pull the right side heat shield form the tailpipe until it snaps free.
7. Pull silencer outward and away from the motorcycle, until it is free from the catalytic converter and rear mount bracket. Swing silencer end down and remove it from the motorcycle.
8. Use 12 mm socket to remove the rear muffler mounting bracket.
9. Repeat removal steps on right-hand side (exclude steps 4)
1. Assemble British Customs kickstand bracket as shown. Rubber stopper goes in the smaller hole on the lower side of the bend
2. Use 8mm Allen and remove the rear bolt from the subframe on the left-hand side of the motorcycle.
3. Place the kickstand stopper bracket into position and secure with supplied 10 mm socket cap bolt.
4. Cycle the kickstand to get the bracket into proper position, then tighten and torque to 40 Nm. (30 ft-lb)
5. Install the Sleeper Pro onto the catalytic converter, taking care not to damage gaskets in the catalytic converter.
Pro Tip: It's easier to install exhausts with the back-end hanging down, then swinging it up into place.
6. Lift Sleeper Pro up into place and reuse 10mm bolt from factory rear mounting bracket to secure Sleeper Pro to the frame. Do not tighten at this time.
Note the orientation of the mounting bracket. The slotted part should be at the top.
7. Use 12mm socket to tighten head pipe flange nuts and torque to 10 Nm (14 ft-lb)
8. Tighten the clamps on the catalytic converter to 8 Nm
9. Install heat shield to tail tailpipe. Tighten camp firmly with 5 mm Allen and torque to 9 Nm.
10. Go to rear mount and tighten the rear mounting bolt with 12 mm wrench to 19 Nm
11. Reinstall rear brake clevis onto the shifter shaft. There is a dot on the shaft and hole in the clevis to ensure proper alignment.
12. Use 5mm Allen and torque rear brake clevis bolt to 5 Nm.
13. Repeat Steps 5-10 to install the right-hand Sleeper Pro Exhaust.
14. Before starting the motorcycle, check for proper clearance between the exhaust system with the frame, suspension, wiring, etc. If any problem is found, please carefully follow through the installation steps again. If the problem still persists, please call British Customs Customer Support at (877) 999-BRIT
|The entire exhaust system should be wiped down with rubbing alcohol to remove oil and fingerprints before starting the motorcycle. This will help prevent tarnishing of the finish after the exhaust is heated up.|