How to Install BC 2 into 2 Tracker Exhaust
Air Cooled Triumph Models
It is recommended that this kit be installed by a certified Triumph technician, following the Triumph service manual to aid in proper fitting. Verify all torque specs in the Triumph service manual. You must know how to remove and replace stock components in order to install this product otherwise have it installed by a professional mechanic. Keep all stock parts some components may be necessary to install your new British Customs product depending on the application.
Read through all instructions before beginning installation. Always properly support the vehicle with a stand and/or lift when servicing or performing any work. Unstable vehicles my present dangerous conditions and may cause property damage and/or personal injury
Laws concerning this product vary from state/province to state/province. Your state/province may prohibit its use on public roads or restrict its use to novelty, who use, off-road areas, or race facility areas only. In some states/provinces, off-road uses are also prohibited. The manufacturer and retailer assume no responsibility for any use or application of this product in violation of any applicable law. Before installing this product.
|An exhaust system can be extremely hot. Let motorcycle cool down before beginning installation. Always wear hand and eye protection and take precautionary measures to
Install BC 2 in 2 Tracker Exhaust - Removal
1. Loosen the exhaust clamp that secures the exhaust to the header
2. Remove the nut and washer from the rear passenger footrest
3. Remove the passenger peg and remove the exhaust from the motorcycle.
4. Repeat on the opposite side
5. Remove the right side cover using a flat blade screwdriver
6. Remove the sprocket cover using an 8 mm socket
7. Remove the rear brake master cylinder mounting bolts
8. Remove the right-hand rider peg mounting bracket from the swingarm arm pivot.
9. Loosen the exhaust clamp that secures the header balance pipes together.
10. Remove the (4) nuts secure the head pipe to the cylinder head.
11. Remove the (2) mounting bolts that are located toward the rear of the left and right headers
12. Remove the Headers from the cylinder head, separate the balance pipe and remove the headers from the motorcycle
13. Remove the gaskets from each cylinder head port and discard.
Install BC 2 in 2 Tracker Exhaust - Install
1. Install the right-side rider peg mounting bracket and tighten the footpeg mounting bolts to 27 Nm and the swingarm pivot bolt to 45 Nm.
2. Install the rear master cylinder bolts and tighten to 27 Nm
3. Install the sprocket cover and tighten to 9 Nm
4. Install the supplied header gasket into each cylinder head port.
5. Apply a light smear of high temp silicone sealer to the left and right header inlets.
6. Install the left and right headers into the cylinder head and lightly tighten the nuts removed in step 10.
7. Install Mid Pipes
8. Using a spring puller, install the supplied springs onto the header and mid-pipe assemblies.
9. Assemble the Tracker tailpipe assembly
10. Install tracker tailpipe onto the mid-pipe
11. Install the spacer between the rear passenger peg mount and the tailpipe mounting bracket.
Note: The top hat spacer and rubber grommet need to be installed into the tailpipe bracket.
12. Line up the tailpipe mounting bracket with the rear passenger peg hanger. *Verify the spacer is positioned between the passenger peg and the tailpipe mounting bracket.
13. Install the passenger peg hanger in the following order passenger peg hanger, spacer, and tailpipe bracket. Fit the washer and nut removed in step 2 and loosely tighten.
*Shown with optional Mule Passenger Peg Mounts.
14. Using a spring puller install spring onto the mid-pipe and tailpipe assemblies
15. Tighten the rear passenger peg to 27 Nm.
16. Tighten the header pipe nuts evenly and progressively to 19 Nm.
17. Install the side stand bracket onto the left-hand side of the bike and toque to 45 Nm.
18. Before starting the motorcycle, check for proper clearance between the exhaust system with the frame, suspension, wiring, etc. If any problem is found, please carefully follow through the installation steps again. If the problem still persists, please call British Customs Customer Support at (877) 999-BRIT
|The entire exhaust system should be wiped down with rubbing alcohol to remove oil and fingerprints before starting the motorcycle. This will help prevent tarnishing of the finish after the exhaust is heated up.|