Before starting work, make sure that the motorcycle is stabilized and adequately supported. You don't want your bike falling and causing injury to you or to the bike.
If the engine has been running, the exhaust components may be hot to the touch. To avoid injury, always allow the bike to cool down prior to any work you plan to do.
- Remove the seat
- Disconnect the battery, negative (black) lead first (see article).
Step By Step Guide
1. Release the two fixings and detach the headlight from the headlight bowl.
2. Disconnect the electrical connector from the headlight bulb, detach the position light and remove the headlight.
3. Release the fixings and detach the harness bracket from the headlight bowl.
4. On the back of the harness bracket, detach all the electrical connectors and remove the harness bracket.
5. Remove the headlight mounting fixings and remove the headlight bowl while feeding the harnesses out of the headlight bowl.