Before starting work, make sure that the motorcycle is stabilized and adequately supported. You don't want your bike falling and causing injury to you or to the bike.
If the engine has been running, the exhaust components may be hot to the touch. To avoid injury, always allow the bike to cool down prior to any work you plan to do.
- Remove the seat
- Disconnect the battery, negative (black) lead first (see article).
Step by Step Guide
1. Protect the headlight painted surface from damage, using a suitable self-adhesive tape such as masking tape.
2. Remove the headlight mounting fasteners and detach the headlight from its mounting bracket. Support the headlight, do not allow it to hang on the wire harnesses.
3. Remove the two fasteners and remove the instrument cover.
4. Remove the three fixings and detach the instruments from the instrument bracket.
5. Slide the cover off the electrical connector, disconnect the electrical connector and remove the instruments.