Before starting work, make sure that the motorcycle is stabilized and adequately supported. You don't want your bike falling and causing injury to you or to the bike.
If the engine has been running, the exhaust components may be hot to the touch. To avoid injury, always allow the bike to cool down prior to any work you plan to do.
- Remove the seat
- Disconnect the battery, negative (black) lead first (see article).
- Remove the headlight (see article).
- Remove the instruments (see article).
- Remove the top triple clamp (see article).
1. Release the fasteners (see Diagram below) securing the headlight bracket to the lower yoke and remove the brackets. Collect the washers.